Sidmouth Under-16s get an unexpected midweek training session.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-16s were under the impression that the regular weekly training session was going to be a special one.
Coach Josh Reed had led his players to think an important professional would be taking training.
Little did they know what lay in store!
On arrival, the 20-strong squad were met with four aptly dressed mums, Penny, Sam, Tracy and Alexa who proceeded to put them through their paces!
This included a warm up, a run complete with army style chant, a spot of zumba, a fancy dress relay race and a game of touch, wearing the fancy dress, refereed by Jack Sowden.
You may also want to watch:
Reed said: “Recently the players, aged 15 and 16 have kept their heads up over recent defeats and they took to the training session with good humour. The mums enjoyed the experience too, although at one point playing touch, it was like being in a buffalo stampede!”
Post training Reed served up lasagne ably assisted in the kitchen by John Powell. Team manager John Hamill rounded of a very special evening with a quiz.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support