Sidmouth Under-16s power to Honiton triumph
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 61, Honiton 0 Sidmouth Under-16s put East Devon neighbours Honiton to the sword with a powerful all-round show, writes Stuart Cavin.
Playing for the first time this campaign at the Blackmore Sidmouth rotated their large squad and displayed some excellent handling skills which allowed them to run in a succession of tries.
The pack was solid in the lineout which allowed the team to kick tactically knowing the set-piece from the lineout was a real attacking option.
Honiton kept battling and were unfortunate to lose players from injury, including one with concussion, who we hope makes a good recovery.
Honiton borrowed some Sidmouth players to help keep the game going.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst what was an impressive team performance there were some stand-out individuals, none more so than Aaron Bagwell who showed excellent kicking ability. Jamie Walker was very solid throughout making some real yards from the kick-off’s, Will Counsell showed great strength and pace on the wing and both Oli Aplin and Will Thomas played well in the forwards after which they were moved out to the backs and displayed some impressive passing leading to a try a piece.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls