Sidmouth Under-7s end season on high note at Ivybridge Festival
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-7s travelled to compete in the Ivybridge Festival with a group of 13 players, writes David Monro-Higgs.
The tournament provided an excellent way for the youngsters to bring the curtain down on their season.
In their pool the main rivals proved to be Cullompton who defeated one of the Sidmouth teams and then drew 7-7 with the other side.
They also took on a Totnes team that needed some support to make up numbers, hence the appearance of Charlie Turley in their side with Cleo Turley in the Sidmouth team in opposition!
had some very good players in their ranks.
You may also want to watch:
Special mention must be made of the contribution of Daisy Grove for her outstanding support play and Luca Manning for terrific tackling and tagging.
Whilst Charley Turley also deserves great credit for stepping in to assist Totnes.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Thanks must g to Ivybridge for their outstanding organisation of the event that caps a brilliant season for the Under-7s.
Five of this year’s team will head up to Under-8s next season, whilst the remainder will come back and play again as Under-7s.