Sidmouth Under-7s enjoy ‘Heros and Villains’ Cornish tour
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth RFC Under-7s had their first experience of a rugby tour when they joined the club’s other junior age group teams to take part in the ‘Heros and Villains’ themed junior tour to Cornwall.
With a group of seven players, the Sidmouth youngsters managed to play a number of mini games against a well-organised Redruth side.
Once the boys had run off the effects of a bit of overindulgence the night before, Sidmouth were able to play some fine rugby, scoring a number of well-created tries.
There were a number of solo effort scores from Ali Gibson and Archie Griffiths, who showed the sort of pace that would frighten any defence!
There were also a number of well-worked scores from Freddie Trim, Jake Thomas, and Eden Ensell, who between them used some fine handling and support play to break down the Redruth defence.
You may also want to watch:
With a constant flow of Sidmouth scores, some fine defensive sets led by Tristan Gardiner and Matthew Farrington-Smith kept the Sidmouth try line in tact.
After this fine performance the boys were able to celebrate with the rest of the junior tour party in their hero and villain fancy dress. A fine time was had by all players, coaches and parents!
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start