Sidmouth Under-7s enjoy ‘Heros and Villains’ Cornish tour
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth RFC Under-7s had their first experience of a rugby tour when they joined the club’s other junior age group teams to take part in the ‘Heros and Villains’ themed junior tour to Cornwall.
With a group of seven players, the Sidmouth youngsters managed to play a number of mini games against a well-organised Redruth side.
Once the boys had run off the effects of a bit of overindulgence the night before, Sidmouth were able to play some fine rugby, scoring a number of well-created tries.
There were a number of solo effort scores from Ali Gibson and Archie Griffiths, who showed the sort of pace that would frighten any defence!
There were also a number of well-worked scores from Freddie Trim, Jake Thomas, and Eden Ensell, who between them used some fine handling and support play to break down the Redruth defence.
You may also want to watch:
With a constant flow of Sidmouth scores, some fine defensive sets led by Tristan Gardiner and Matthew Farrington-Smith kept the Sidmouth try line in tact.
After this fine performance the boys were able to celebrate with the rest of the junior tour party in their hero and villain fancy dress. A fine time was had by all players, coaches and parents!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb