Sidmouth Under-7s get first taste of action - and Mums and Dads discover mass catering abilities!
Sidmouth Under-7s hosted Withycombe for their first competitive action of the new season.
There were a good number of players on duty for the team – over twenty! – and all clearly got plenty out of the day’s action.
Withy pitched up with two teams and, with the home side able to muster four teams, a mini-tournament was quickly set up.
Both sets of players showed some terrific potential throughout. There was some impressive attacking running and side steps and clearly both Withy and Sidmouth coaches have got their youngsters learning the art of the game quickly!
Given that many of the home youngsters went into the action after just four training sessions the fact they had picked up such healthy basic skills all ready is of great credit to the coaching staff.
You may also want to watch:
The dozen matches played produced ups and downs, but at the end of the matches it was all square between the two clubs.
For the Under-7s parents it was also a first experience of ‘kitchen duty’ at Withycombe RFC, serving the needs of over 200 players, coaches and parents providing an equally steep learning curve off the field in mass catering and providing the gallons of tea and coffee required !
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth