Sidmouth Under-7s win mini-tournament at Wellington
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-7s travelled into Somerset to face Wellington in their latest matches, writes Simon Dunstan.
Twenty-five players travelled with the party which was a great turnout in view of the impending storm!
Wellington fielded two teams and Sidmouth were able to field five so a mini-tournament was held.
The emphasis was again on maximum playing time for all looking to improve and impress the basic skills recently learnt in training.
Both sets of youngsters showed some great rugby skills, resulting in some good competitive play, which provides a good skills base for the coaches to work on for the rest of season.
You may also want to watch:
Results from over 15 games played saw many of the games drawn and some very close scores, the overall winners in the end were Sidmouth, a great first away win on the road.
All in all, an excellent day for Sidmouth Under-7s. Thanks must be recorded to splendid hosts Wellington.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion
Our players now train over the next few weeks prior to the next action, a meeting at home with Cullompton.