Sidmouth Under-7s win mini-tournament at Wellington
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-7s travelled into Somerset to face Wellington in their latest matches, writes Simon Dunstan.
Twenty-five players travelled with the party which was a great turnout in view of the impending storm!
Wellington fielded two teams and Sidmouth were able to field five so a mini-tournament was held.
The emphasis was again on maximum playing time for all looking to improve and impress the basic skills recently learnt in training.
Both sets of youngsters showed some great rugby skills, resulting in some good competitive play, which provides a good skills base for the coaches to work on for the rest of season.
You may also want to watch:
Results from over 15 games played saw many of the games drawn and some very close scores, the overall winners in the end were Sidmouth, a great first away win on the road.
All in all, an excellent day for Sidmouth Under-7s. Thanks must be recorded to splendid hosts Wellington.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Our players now train over the next few weeks prior to the next action, a meeting at home with Cullompton.