Sidmouth Under-8 Raiders and Warriors deliver the goods in games against Central teams
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-8s Raiders and Warriors travelled to Exeter to play Exeter Central teams on a very wet Saturday morning.
Both teams were missing players owing to sickness and Christmas commitments.
The Warriors fielded just seven players and took on Dynamos first, with Dev Nair the stand-out player running tirelessly and making the opposition work hard.
In their second game against Crusaders Callum French pulled off a string of fine saves and was deserving of his Man of the Match award.
The Raiders played Crusaders first and on a much larger pitch than they are used to playing on, passed the ball around excellently…
You may also want to watch:
They looked as if they were beginning to gel well together with Michal Bielawski the stand-out performer.
Next up the Raiders played the Dynamos in an open end-to-end game with plenty of chances. William Pulman with a brace of well taken goals was their stand-out player and he landed the Man of the Match award.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways