Sidmouth Under-8s do well against Newton St Cyres
Sidmouth Under-8s made a return to action after the festive break, writes Keith Pulman.
They had to settle for the one game as only one of the two teams scheduled to provide opposite could produce a team!
It was Sidmouth Warriors who played first and they produced a determined performance to tear into a battling Newton St Cyres side.
Jamie Pitter and Ben Elsom both score hat-tricks and also shared the Man of the Match award for their scoring exploits and al-round shifts.
Next up the Raiders took on the Mid Devon side and they too dominated from the first whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Raiders played some very good football on a soggy Long Park surface.
Tom Cload ran tirelessly and richly deserved his spot in the limelight as he scored his first goals for the team.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
The Cload performance also earned him the Man of the Match award.
There was also an excellent contribution from George Reynolds in the Raiders defence.