Sidmouth Under-8s do well against Newton St Cyres
Sidmouth Under-8s made a return to action after the festive break, writes Keith Pulman.
They had to settle for the one game as only one of the two teams scheduled to provide opposite could produce a team!
It was Sidmouth Warriors who played first and they produced a determined performance to tear into a battling Newton St Cyres side.
Jamie Pitter and Ben Elsom both score hat-tricks and also shared the Man of the Match award for their scoring exploits and al-round shifts.
Next up the Raiders took on the Mid Devon side and they too dominated from the first whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Raiders played some very good football on a soggy Long Park surface.
Tom Cload ran tirelessly and richly deserved his spot in the limelight as he scored his first goals for the team.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
The Cload performance also earned him the Man of the Match award.
There was also an excellent contribution from George Reynolds in the Raiders defence.