Sidmouth Under-8s field four teams for enjoyable meetings with Teignmouth
Sidmouth Under-8s entertained Teignmouth and, with plenty of home players on duty there were four teams fielded by the Chiefs and two from the Teigns.
The first of the visiting sides played three matches which ended in a brace of draws and an 8-4 Sidmouth success.
Elizabeth Monro Higgs got the vote for best ‘tagger of the day’, and a mighty close second for that particular individual honour was Toby Sanford. The Sidmouth players also gained from great organising of attack and defence by Gyll Gray who managed a brilliantly-timed pass to set up a try in the corner.
The second Teignmouth team won 8-7, drew 7-7 and lost 8-6 against what one Teignmouth parent described as: “The best tagging team they had seen all year.”
Sidmouth managed to turn the ball over on four separate occasions by tagging the Teignmouth players no fewer than seven times in a row!
You may also want to watch:
A few small errors meant they did not manage to capitalise fully on this. Herbie Isherwood again gave a master class on side-stepping scoring four tries. Tom Bird also showed great determination, running the ball from deep within his own half to score in the corner.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients