Sidmouth Under-8s get another super turnout for matches with Bridport
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-8s took on their counterparts from Bridport in a round-robin of matches at the Blackmore.
With 23 players turning up for Sidmouth they were split into three teams and, with one from Bridport, it meant plenty of rugby action for all.
The first match, with fresh legs all round, was a well fought and high scoring contest ending in a 6-all draw.
Both sides took their attacking opportunities well and worked well in unison to keep the ball alive through the phases.
The second match was again close and with the Bridport defence now into their grove scoring opportunities were low. However, what was most pleasing fro the Sidmouth coaching perspective was that the Sidmouth defence proved more than a match for the opposition and the contest finished in a 3-all draw.
You may also want to watch:
The third and final game of the day was possibly one too many for both teams but Sidmouth kept their composure to secure a win and the honours for the day.
Amongst plenty of terrific individual performances the one from Karan Bountra stood out, as did the shift from Ben Hooper, who is only in his second week with the team.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
There was plenty of good sportsmanship throughout. The Sidmouth Player of the Day award went to George Dale.