Sidmouth Under-8s impress at Ivybridge Festival
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth RFC Under-8s impressed at the recent Ivybridge Festival where they ended the day unbeaten.
Cheered on by their injured team mate Milo Barrett, the Sidmouth youngsters held a strong defensive line and found position and cohesion the team had not show for much of the past season.
Sidmouth won three and drew one of their four matches.
Ali Gibson was prolific in terms of try scoring with nine tries, which also led to him winning the 'try of the day' award.
Freddie Trim was an admiral director, encouraging his team mates into position and he also scored four ties.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Eul Brown and Seb Galling, who despite a pre match collision still managed to consistently control the midfield, both scored two tries.
Leo Swallow scored a superb hat-trick of tries and Felix Patmore scored a fine try in the opening match.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Harry Matchett showed terrific pace and levels of energy and George Bower was outstanding as he scored three tries and was a constant threat to the opposition teams with his straight running and superglue tagging.
All in all, this was an excellent all-round show by the Sidmouth youngsters at the end of another season.