Sidmouth Under-8s power to 30-20 win over Chard
Sidmouth Under-8s were 30-20 winners over visiting Chard on a crisp Sunday morning.
Expectations were high for the home side, so far enjoying an unbeaten run.
On the team sheet for the action were Taylor Whitehead, Ned Coles, Oliver Marsh, Luca Manning, Toby Sandford, Zac and Luca Arver.
Chard were immediately off the mark, but the Sidmouth boys responded well with Oliver Marsh going over for the first try.
Chard kept going into touch and this provided the ball for Sidmouth to make advances.
You may also want to watch:
Luca Manning scoring the next try and then Ned Coles went over for his first. The game was end-to-end with plenty of bursting runs from both teams.
Luca Arver was next on the score sheet before Luca Manning picked up his second try of the game.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
There was just one try scored after the break with Luca Arver touching down after one of his trade mark side-stepping runs.
Chard proved to be the most testing of competition, but well done to Sidmouth for the win.
This weekend it’s back to training before an away fixture in December with Topsham.