Sidmouth Under-8s power to 30-20 win over Chard
Sidmouth Under-8s were 30-20 winners over visiting Chard on a crisp Sunday morning.
Expectations were high for the home side, so far enjoying an unbeaten run.
On the team sheet for the action were Taylor Whitehead, Ned Coles, Oliver Marsh, Luca Manning, Toby Sandford, Zac and Luca Arver.
Chard were immediately off the mark, but the Sidmouth boys responded well with Oliver Marsh going over for the first try.
Chard kept going into touch and this provided the ball for Sidmouth to make advances.
You may also want to watch:
Luca Manning scoring the next try and then Ned Coles went over for his first. The game was end-to-end with plenty of bursting runs from both teams.
Luca Arver was next on the score sheet before Luca Manning picked up his second try of the game.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
There was just one try scored after the break with Luca Arver touching down after one of his trade mark side-stepping runs.
Chard proved to be the most testing of competition, but well done to Sidmouth for the win.
This weekend it’s back to training before an away fixture in December with Topsham.