Sidmouth Under-8s tag well against Exmouth teams
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-8s entertained a friendly, strong and sizeable visiting opposition from Exmouth RFC who are always a pleasure to play, writes Joe Wall.
Some initial practise at tagging proved to be very useful with all teams doing noticeably better in defence this week.
With three teams from each club there were nine games played and everyone got to play a lot of rugby. In some games, with six tags equalling a turnover, Sidmouth were able to execute this a number of times without having it done to them!
Most of the games were evenly matched with two Sidmouth sides winning and another involved in a drawn game.
Amongst many impressive shifts there were some stand-out efforts. None more so than Alex Harvey, who scored 16 tries, and Sam Smart who showed real promised with defensive work and try scoring.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Will Cotton who was named ‘Player of the Week’ for his shift that included lots of strong running, notably in support of his team mates, several cracking tries and solid defence. Well done, Will!
This weekend the Under-8s can be seen in action at Sidford where they will be entertaining a touring team from Chipping Sodbury.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb