Sidmouth Under-8s tag well against Exmouth teams
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-8s entertained a friendly, strong and sizeable visiting opposition from Exmouth RFC who are always a pleasure to play, writes Joe Wall.
Some initial practise at tagging proved to be very useful with all teams doing noticeably better in defence this week.
With three teams from each club there were nine games played and everyone got to play a lot of rugby. In some games, with six tags equalling a turnover, Sidmouth were able to execute this a number of times without having it done to them!
Most of the games were evenly matched with two Sidmouth sides winning and another involved in a drawn game.
Amongst many impressive shifts there were some stand-out efforts. None more so than Alex Harvey, who scored 16 tries, and Sam Smart who showed real promised with defensive work and try scoring.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Will Cotton who was named ‘Player of the Week’ for his shift that included lots of strong running, notably in support of his team mates, several cracking tries and solid defence. Well done, Will!
This weekend the Under-8s can be seen in action at Sidford where they will be entertaining a touring team from Chipping Sodbury.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon