Sidmouth Under-9s deliver superb all-round effort in Withy win
Sidmouth Under-9s were 40-15 winners when they took on Withycombe.
There were no signs of nerves as the young boys and girls went into action for the first time this season.
They made a powerful start scoring five tries in as many early minutes!
One most encouraging aspect was to see the line held and some relentless tackling by Charlie Brock which meant Withycombe were turning over ball before getting anywhere near the line!
Such was the Sidmouth dominance that rules were relaxed to enable Withy to get a score on the board.
You may also want to watch:
A second game was played and this gave an opportunity for many of the new Sidmouth recruits to taste their first action.
Annabelle Bird scored her first try and there was a as awesome display of tackling from Ben Elsom. For some of these players it was their first game of rugby and they didn’t hold back with the tackles!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby