Sidmouth Under-9s impress in Exeter matches
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-9s had good number for their matches away at Exeter Youth.
With 19 players itching for action the Sidmouth youngsters were split between two teams.
Team Wall, led by Jake Dunstan, went first and put in a very good shift. Lots of hard work went into the game, and, at times they made it very hard for themselves!
For some reason the kids were determined to try and break their way through the solid defence in the middle of the pitch rather than use the space outside – despite loud calling from their teammates – something else to work on in the coming weeks! Relative newcomers Will Garland and Jude Horricks played very well.
Despite the size difference – the opposition had a number of larger players - the Sidmouth tackling was superb in a very physical game. A close contest ended with Team wall beaten by one try.
You may also want to watch:
Team Moss, led by Eli Moss, were up next and did very well in securing a draw. Leyla Hicks put in some cracking tackles, while Lawrance Coles, Jack Bell and Jack Ponting played superbly again.
An Under-9 coach said: “While we didn’t get the results we wanted, the kids had fun, played well and continue to improve each week which is fabulous. This week, despite the number of tackles made, I only spotted the ball being lost three times which is an excellent achievement as without the ball, scoring is impossible!”
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
This weekend the Sidmouth Under-9s are at Topsham RFC for their next action.