Sidmouth Under-9s power to Honiton victory
Sidmouth Under-9s dominated from start to finish on their way to a 60-5 win at Honiton.
Sidmouth fielded two teams, the first game was end to end, both teams matching each other with tries. Cleo Turley and Esme Bagwell making some strong runs and scoring tries followed up by Bradley Horn, Ned Coles and Ellie wood all scoring.
Lucy Tanner, who made some excellent tackles and finished off a perfect move to score in the corner, was deservedly named Player of the Match.
All in all this was a great display by the team which featured several new players to rugby.
The second Sidmouth team took to field and looked in good shape, all desperate to start playing after watching their teammates.
You may also want to watch:
They didn’t disappoint, scoring their first try inside the first 30 seconds!
There was some amazing tackling through the game and in particular by Charlie Brock, later named Player of the Match, and, by half-time, Sidmouth had seven unanswered tries on the board.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
In the second half there was more of the same with Honiton getting a consolation try, but Sidmouth dominated throughout.
A fantastic display for only their third friendly game by Tom Cloud, Will Pullman, Ben Elsom, Finn Cotton, Charlie Brock, Oliver Marsh, Morgan West and. Luca. Manning.