Sidmouth Under-9s undefeated in meetings with Tiverton
Sidmouth Under-9s drew one and won one empathically in two meetings with Tiverton on a sun-kissed Sunday at Sidford.
In the first game Tivvy struck first and led two tires to one at the break.
Sidmouth made a half-time substitution, introducing Morgan West who made an immediate impact. Sidmouth scored two tires to edge themselves ahead only for Tiverton to score again late on to leave honours even.
The hosts fielded a much stronger team for the second game and, once they got into their stride they dominated proceedings. Try followed try as virtually the entire team got to cross the opposition line.
Tom Cloud, Will Pullman and Ben Elsom all sprinted the length of the pitch to score tries.
You may also want to watch:
The seven tackle count was relaxed for a flagging and spirited Tiverton side who managed to score at the end of the first half. The second saw Sidmouth dominate running in further tries from Finn Cotton and Morgan West.
This was certainly a fantastic day of rugby for the supporters who were basking in the late autumn sunshine.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
On Saturday Honiton provide the opposition and will no doubt be keen to make amends after losing to Sidmouth in the festival two weeks ago.