Sidmouth Under7/8 Girls claim fine win over Chard
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under7/8 girls entertained Chard at Sidford.
The Somerset side turned up with one Under-8 team that played both the Sidmouth Under-8s and then the Under-7/8 girls side.
The first half of the girls contest involved some great tagging from both sides with Tilly Bennett managing to tag and gain turnover ball allowing the home team to be 4-2 ahead on try count at half-time.
After the break there were a number of great runs particularly by Harriet Eul-Barker and Georgia Aust with both sides scoring a number of tries.
In the closing minutes May Newbery and Annabelle Bird combined beautifully to set up Daisy Grove.
You may also want to watch:
She received the ball out with two yards to go to cross the whitewash – but also two defenders to find a way past.
With a neat sidestep and a dive through some legs the youngster scored the games 14th and final try to seal an 8-6 success for the Sidmouth girls.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Both teams tagging lead to the ball being turned over a number of times and combined with the direct running proved a very memorable game for both sides.
Thanks go to the Chard coaches and players for an excellent game.