Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford success for David Fish
- Credit: Archant
This week’s Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won by David Fish, writes John Barnard.
There have been a couple of instances this season when a player has won competitions on consecutive weeks.
David didn’t quite achieve this, but he did win for the second time in three weeks.
He had 39 points to win by two. A poor start as he didn’t score on the first, but he steadily improved, culmination with a birdie on the eighteenth which meant a one over gross back nine, excellent on his newly acquired ten handicap.
Luke Sheppard was second with 37 points. His round was just about OK until he birdied two of the largest three holes which improved his card (despite bogeying the hole in between!) .
You may also want to watch:
Veteran Pat McCormack showed age is no barrier to playing well. He also started poorly with a number of bogies, but then got his round going with a birdie on the fourth and some steady play got him round with 36 points to take the final prize place on countback from Mike Knight
Once again, there is no change in the Upper Crust Monday Eclectic League table.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Jeremy Holden holds almost a two shot lead on 43.2 with John Jones second on 45.1. Kevin Legg is .1 of a shot further back on 45.2.