Sidmouth Upper Crust Stableford success for John Bainbridge
- Credit: Archant
There are still some good scores to be had out there, despite the hot and dry conditions with veteran golfer John Bainbridge winning the first Upper Crust Stableford of July, writes Hugh Dorliac.
John hit an excellent 43, that’s seven better than par and he will be playing off an improved handicap of 17 next time out.
Andy Mills with 40 points came second on countback with John White third, also on 40.
Both Andy and John improved their handicaps by one shot.
Mean while, the very latest Upper Crust Stableford was held earlier this week and is saw Peter Hayman winning with a creditable 41 points, two better than runners up David Bater and Craig Melluish on 39.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth Jewellers’ Friday Stableford was won by Terry Jones with just 37 points, reflecting the fast running conditions prevailing at the moment. Andy Pryke on 36, and Brian Margison with 35 were close behind.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom