Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford success for Steve Crabb
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won this week by Steve Crabb, continuing his good run of form, writes John Barnard.
There was a restricted entry this week as many of the seniors were playing in the Veterans Cup, but still a good entry that enjoyed a beautiful June afternoon.
Steve scored 40 points with three birdies, two on shot holes in the middle of his round to get him going and he then played steady golf in to consolidate his score, five pars through the last seven holes.
He only won by one shot though, as Moray Bosence also had a good round with 39 points.
Three birdies in the first ten holes, but then four bogies in the last eight, two on shot holes, meant he had to settle for second place.
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Taylor was third with a splendid round of golf only marred by a seven on the easy par five 13th which he would usually reckon to birdie. Thirteen pars and three birdies meant it didn’t cost him too much.
In the most recent eclectic update, Kym White now leads the table (both Monday and Friday now) with a score of 48.7.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
John Jones is some way back in second place on 51.1 with Terry Jones (no relation) third on 51.2.
Neil Holland leads the birdie count on 35, eight ahead of John Jones.