Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford success for Stuart Cole
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was decimated by the weather this week, only ten (fool) hardy souls braved the wind and the rain, writes John Barnard.
It was the day for players who can handle strong winds and not be distracted by the elements and Stuart Cole won with 35 points.
A steady round with just the one birdie. The holes nearer the coast are the strongest test as that is where the wind blows the hardest and only one shot was dropped on the first and last three holes, so well played Stuart.
In second place was Jeremy Holden who had a fairly disastrous front nine but suddenly from the twelfth hole, he parred in, seven pars on the trot to score 33 points.
Moray Bosence was third with 32 points, two ‘blobs’ on the back nine wrecking his card
You may also want to watch:
Kym White now leads in the eclectic with 50.7.John Jones is second with 51.1 with Terry Jones moving into third place.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!