Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford success for Stuart Coles
- Credit: Archant
There was a large field in this week’s Upper Crust Monday Stableford, writes John Barnard.
Stuart Coles recorded an excellent 42 points off his handicap of three to take the victory and excellent prize money.
An eagle on the first got him off to a great start and then four more birdies kept his card ticking along in ideal style.
Only three dropped shots, all on difficult holes and now down to two handicap so a great day for Stuart.
In second place with 41 points was Graham Vincent. A mid-handicapper, a birdie on hole two will have been greatly enjoyed and along with four other pars he recorded a score that would have won some weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Knight was in third place and he is having a good season.
Nothing much happening on the front nine, but then four birdies in eight holes got him to 40 points and third place.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
In the Upper Crust Monday Eclectic League table, Kevin Legg holds a one shot lead on 45.2 with Jeremy Holden on 46.2 and John Jones third on 47.1.
In the birdie count, as expected Neil Holland is in the lead, but only seven ahead of John Jones and Stuart Coles in joint second.