Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford success for the in-form Jeremy Holden
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won this week by the in-form Jeremy Holden who managed to score 40 points, writes John Barnard.
good front nine of 22 points with six pars and just the three bogies was being followed by an equally impressive back nine of four pars and four bogies, but a no score on the last hole just took the edge off the round. Stuart Coles was second with 39 points.
He didn’t have a great front nine with a few dropped shots, but two birdies in four holes and then a hole-in-one on the 15th picked the round up nicely (although it cost him a bottle of scotch when topping up the hole-in-one carafe situated in the bar).
An unexpected bogie on hole 17 cost him a win on countback, but the glory of an ace will dull the memory no doubt.
Veteran John White will have enjoyed being in third place in the club competition as it meant he also won the seniors event so two lots of prize money!
You may also want to watch:
John managed to score 38 points to get the place ahead of Luke Sheppard on countback.
Four pars and only one shot dropped on each of his two shot holes (he was playing off a handicap of 20) was pretty good, but a no score on the difficult third hole prevented him being higher in the prizes.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands
As of last week, Kevin Legg and Jeremy Holden now jointly lead the eclectic on 48.2 with Steve Crabb just behind by point two!