Sidmouth Upper Crust stableford win for Lewis White
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won this week by Lewis White who had one of the best rounds gross at Sidmouth for some time, writes John Barnard.
No fewer than 12 pars and six birdies meant a gross round of 60 and 42 stableford points and a new exact handicap of 0.0, giving him a win by a clear three points. Steve Channing was second with 39 points.
The highlight was a birdie on the 10th, but a few lost shots over the last few holes and a ‘blob’ on hole six prevented a better score.
It was good enough to beat Neil Holland on countback though as Neil also scored 39 points.
A two under gross front nine wasn’t followed by quite such a good back nine.
You may also want to watch:
As of last week, Kevin Legg was leading the eclectic by a clear shot on 47.2 with Jeremy Holden second on 48.2 and Steve Crabb third on 48.4.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support