Sidmouth Upper Crust success once again for Nick Gingell
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won for the second week in succession by Nick Gingell and with exactly the same score, 38 points, writes John Barnard.
A birdie on the second was offset by a double bogie on the third, but from thereon, Nick played really solid par golf with just a couple of bogies to slightly mar the card. Howard Cushing showed a welcome return to form with 37 points and second place, a slightly better back nine just getting him ahead of Moray Bosence in third place.
A birdie on the 13th and a finish with three pars in the last five holes gave Howard the edge.
Moray was going OK until three consecutive bogies from the 13th knocked him back.
There were only four twos this week which were worth £8.25 each.
You may also want to watch:
In the Upper Crust Monday Eclectic League table, Jeremy Holden holds almost a two-shot lead on 43.2 with John Jones second on 45.1. Kevin Legg is point-one of a shot further back on 45.2.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat