Sidmouth Vallance Cup success for Will Hastie
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, the annual Vallance Cup, presented by past captain from 1934, JF Vallance, was played for in incessant rain by a much reduced field, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Those hardy enough (or daft enough) to venture out all completed their rounds before some greens started to become unplayable.
Winning with a strong 36 points, as it turned out, was Will Hastie, who had been first on the tee that morning.
Runners-up were Mike Shepherd and Hugh Dorliac on a more modest 31 points apiece.
Last Friday’s Sidmouth Jewellers Stableford competition was won by Bob Andrews with a solid 39 points, earning a stroke deduction off his handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Also dropping down a stroke was second-placed David Fish on 36, not what he wanted with his Challenge Cup final the next day!
Third was Jeremy Fox enjoying a rare day off, on 34 points.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The UpperCrust Monday Stableford was won in damp, windy conditions with a strong 39 points by Luke Sheppard. In second place was David Pepperell on 36 and Pat McCormack in third on 34.