Sidmouth Warriors and Raiders Under-10s share the spoils
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s shared two goals with ‘in-house’ club mates Sidmouth Raiders, writes Chris Roberts
With most of the players being class mates and parents being friends this is always a high pressure match for players, coaches and parents a like.
Straight from the whistle the players gave 100 per cent effort, but unfortunately nerves outweighed playing ability in the early exchanges.
Eventually both sides settled into their regular and the crisp Warriors passing saw them create a number of chances.
The opening goal arrived when Warriors’ Charlie Roberts struck and that was the start of a sustained period of pressure with both Oliver Beech and Ewan Badcock going close, though, in general, the Raiders defence was equal to the best thrown at them.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Raiders levelled through Levi Johnson and that sparked a response from Warriors, but they were thwarted time and again by confident Raiders defending, particularly by Will Denton and Bobby Henderson, whilst Thomas Craig excelled in the Raiders goal. At the other end of the pitch the Raiders back line was equally solid and there were no further goals leaving honour even!
After the match all the players enjoyed a club Christmas Party.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability