Sidmouth Warriors and Raiders Under-8s end season still smiling
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors and Raiders Under-8s played their final matches of the Exeter and District Youth League season as they took on Alphington Eagles and West Exe Youth.
The Warriors conceded first against a good Alphington side, but battled back well with Man of the Match Jamie Pitter scoring twice to rubber-stamp his status as the team’s top scorer this season.
In their second game against West Exe the Warriors played very well with plenty of energy in all areas and, thanks to the efforts of Man of the Match Toby Edmunds, finished the season on a good note.
The Raiders, up against West Exe first, performed very well in a close game with few goals but plenty of chances for both teams!
Goalkeeper Oscar Parkinson was the Raiders’ star performer and he made a number of fine saves.
You may also want to watch:
In their second game against Alphington, the Raiders, after a slow start, rallied with Herbie Isherwood the stand-out player with his solid defensive work.
Raiders coach Keith Pulman said: “Both myself and the other coaches who have worked this seas with Raiders and Warriors are very proud of the efforts and the dedication of all the players this season. They have turned up in all weathers and have always giving their absolute best. We are all looking forward to next season”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist