Sidmouth Warriors looking for new players as they step up to U13 football next season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors are on the search for new players to join them next season when they will be competing as an Under-13 team.
This year, the side, playing as U12s, secured their Exeter and District Youth League top flight status with a last game 3-0 win over Exmouth.
Warriors, as part of the Sidmouth Town Junior Vikings set-up, which in turn comes under the umbrella of the Sidmouth Town Football Club, offers plenty for young footballers.
There is coaching and, while the team are passionate about their football and look to do well at ever game, another big part of their being is the desire to make it all fun too!
Next season, as an Under-13 team, Warriors will be moving up to 11-a-sdie football on a full size pitch and they do need a few new players to help boost the squad.
You may also want to watch:
The team’s head coach, Chris Elsom, would be delighted to hear from parents or guardians of any youngsters of the correct age (players need to be in school year eight as of September 2018) and he is happy to take any enquiries on 0755 3964807.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council