Sidmouth Warriors serve up ‘best display for some time’ in goal fest
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were involved in a goal fest when they hosted West Exe Youth in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting, a contest that served up no fewer than 19 goals.
Warriors were given a flying start when Jed Ionov-Flint, who’s having an outstanding season, stroked home a sweetly-struck volley.
The two teams traded goals throughout a thoroughly entertaining first half and, when the whistle blew for the teams to take a break both had scored five times!
The other first half scorers for Warriors were Tim Goody, Benedict Teague and a clinical Connor Brown brace.
Calmness was restored at the half time team talk and when the game resumed Sidmouth took to the pitch with a menacing look.
You may also want to watch:
What followed was the finest attacking display of football seen by coaches Justin Ashby and Sean Brown for a very long time.
The Warriors piled on the pressure with midfield wizard Andres Blanco and fleet-footed winger Benedcit Teague terrorising the West Exe defence.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
A further eight goals were added, many of which were breathtaking moves through the thirds of the pitch.
Benedict Teague and ace striker Tim Goody completed their hat-tricks whilst Joe Ashby ran in a second half treble of his own.