Sidmouth Warriors serve up ‘best display for some time’ in goal fest
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were involved in a goal fest when they hosted West Exe Youth in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting, a contest that served up no fewer than 19 goals.
Warriors were given a flying start when Jed Ionov-Flint, who’s having an outstanding season, stroked home a sweetly-struck volley.
The two teams traded goals throughout a thoroughly entertaining first half and, when the whistle blew for the teams to take a break both had scored five times!
The other first half scorers for Warriors were Tim Goody, Benedict Teague and a clinical Connor Brown brace.
Calmness was restored at the half time team talk and when the game resumed Sidmouth took to the pitch with a menacing look.
You may also want to watch:
What followed was the finest attacking display of football seen by coaches Justin Ashby and Sean Brown for a very long time.
The Warriors piled on the pressure with midfield wizard Andres Blanco and fleet-footed winger Benedcit Teague terrorising the West Exe defence.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
A further eight goals were added, many of which were breathtaking moves through the thirds of the pitch.
Benedict Teague and ace striker Tim Goody completed their hat-tricks whilst Joe Ashby ran in a second half treble of his own.