Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s beaten deep in extra-time in Exeter cup tie
West Exe Youth 2, Sidmouth Warriors 1 Warriors Under-10s went out of the Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup in the most unfortunate of circumstances, losing in extra-time in Exeter.
Warriors were irresistible in the opening exchanges with some excellent passing and keeping the ball with real confidence.
Their tremendous endeavour was eventually rewarded when Joe Ashby created himself some space and slammed the ball home.
The home side have been having a fine season and they gradually regained their composure after going behind and levelled with a slick counter-attack.
In the second half both sides worked tirelessly in search of a winner, but the deadlock could not be broken.
You may also want to watch:
This left both sets of players relying on increasingly weary legs owing to the heavy conditions.
In such a close contest it was always going to be something exceptional that decided the outcome and, with two minutes of the game remaining home player unleashed a bullet of a long-range strike to break the Warriors hearts.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support