Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s too strong for Exmouth opposition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s bagged a brace of wins when they took on Exmouth teams in their latest Exeter and District League action.
First up they took on Exmouth Hurricanes. Games between the side’s are always close encounters and early chances were spurned at both ends.
Once the Warriors settled Callum French and Man of the Match Finn Upsher made sure there was no way through for the Hurricanes and, towards the end of the first half Dev Nair finished off a sweet passing move to give Warriors an interval lead.
In the second half Exmouth came at Sidmouth, but a combination of strong midfield play from Charley Turley and Tom Cload and that solid back line, saw Warriors stay in control. A second goal was scored from a corner before Jamie Pitter added a beautiful third - a curled volley from range into the top left corner!
Warriors then took on Exmouth Tornadoes against whom they turned on the style with a slick all-round performance.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Dunford was resolute in midfield and with Anthony Nita smothering any shots the Sidmouth goal was never threatened.
Man of the Match Jamie Pitter was able to grab a hat-trick to add to a brace from Toby Edmunds and a late goal from Ben Elsom.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support