Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s prove to be comeback kings!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors recovered from a three-goal half-time deficit to end all square with hosts Twyford Spartans after a compelling 3-3 draw.
These two teams are making a habit of serving up goal-laden thrillers, and this was certainly another such encounter!
A physically strong home side made most of the running in the first half. Warriors defended well, but struggled to get the ball out of their own half. In-form keeper George Wheeler was called into action several times, but could do little about the 3-0 score line in favour of the hosts at half-time.
During the break the Warriors players were asked to move the ball up the pitch with greater speed and they did just that in a superb second half all-round show!
An early goal scored by Joe Goody got Warriors a foothold back in the contest. Joe Ashby prodded home a second following another swift counter-attack and, it was no more than they deserved when Tim ran clear, kept his cool, and slotted home the third.
You may also want to watch:
The Warriors deserve great credit for this fantastic comeback and sticking to their ‘footballing principles’.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories