Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s prove to be comeback kings!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors recovered from a three-goal half-time deficit to end all square with hosts Twyford Spartans after a compelling 3-3 draw.
These two teams are making a habit of serving up goal-laden thrillers, and this was certainly another such encounter!
A physically strong home side made most of the running in the first half. Warriors defended well, but struggled to get the ball out of their own half. In-form keeper George Wheeler was called into action several times, but could do little about the 3-0 score line in favour of the hosts at half-time.
During the break the Warriors players were asked to move the ball up the pitch with greater speed and they did just that in a superb second half all-round show!
An early goal scored by Joe Goody got Warriors a foothold back in the contest. Joe Ashby prodded home a second following another swift counter-attack and, it was no more than they deserved when Tim ran clear, kept his cool, and slotted home the third.
You may also want to watch:
The Warriors deserve great credit for this fantastic comeback and sticking to their ‘footballing principles’.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat