Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s win well at CS Cobras
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s were 3-1 winners when they travelled to Mid Devon to take on hosts Culm Sampford Cobras in an Exeter and District Youth League match.
It was a ‘gritty’ all round performance that saw Warriors to a second successive victory, one that was claimed on a cold and wet morning!
The opening exchanges were played out by two well matched sides, there was an element of the ‘bizarre’ about the opening goal. It was scored by the home side, but only after Warriors had looked the more likely to score. However, after confusion reigned at one end of the pitch – Lucas O’Connor and Laurence Coles, between them, contrived to spurn a good chance to open the scoring and a swift counter-attack led to them scoring at the opposite end of the pitch.
Falling behind proved to be the spur that Warriors required for their response was impressive and just two minutes after falling behind they were level when some fine right wing work by Lucas Vicary ended with a good cross that was turned home by Ethan Isaac.
Laurence Coles then set up Vicary to score a fine goal to give Warriors the lead and they added a third before half-time with Vicary again the scorer. In what was a half of end-to-end action, the ever-reliable Oscar Finch made some fine stops to see Warriors into the break with a 3-1 advantage.
You may also want to watch:
The second half ended goalless after some fine defending by Dylan Robbins, Jamie white and Isaac playing the offside trap to perfection!
Finch again made a number of fine saves as Warriors deservedly banked the points. The Warriors Man of the Match was Dylan Robbins, but all 11 players involved for the team played their part.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls