Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s edge through in cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors made progress in the Exeter and District Youth League Under-12 KO Cup thanks to a 3-2 success at Heavitree Youth.
Warriors made a flying start, knocking the ball around with real intent and quickly raced into two-goal lead thanks to a double from Tim Goody.
With Warriors bossing the game in all areas, it was against the run of play when the home side halved the deficit and, lifted by the goal they were soon on level terms at 2-2.
Warriors continued to believe and they soon got themselves back in front when Goody was felled in the area and Stanley Richardson cooly converted the penalty to take a 3-2 lead into half-time.
After the break Warriors created several chances after the break, but couldn’t increase their goal count.
You may also want to watch:
The home team threatened for a brief spell, but couldn’t find a way through with Benedict Teague impressing in the sweeper slot for Warriors who also had ‘safe-hands’ George Wheeler to thank for a remarkable one-handed save that ensured Warriors ended the game 3-2 winners with a place ion the next round booked.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling