Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s edge through in cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors made progress in the Exeter and District Youth League Under-12 KO Cup thanks to a 3-2 success at Heavitree Youth.
Warriors made a flying start, knocking the ball around with real intent and quickly raced into two-goal lead thanks to a double from Tim Goody.
With Warriors bossing the game in all areas, it was against the run of play when the home side halved the deficit and, lifted by the goal they were soon on level terms at 2-2.
Warriors continued to believe and they soon got themselves back in front when Goody was felled in the area and Stanley Richardson cooly converted the penalty to take a 3-2 lead into half-time.
After the break Warriors created several chances after the break, but couldn’t increase their goal count.
You may also want to watch:
The home team threatened for a brief spell, but couldn’t find a way through with Benedict Teague impressing in the sweeper slot for Warriors who also had ‘safe-hands’ George Wheeler to thank for a remarkable one-handed save that ensured Warriors ended the game 3-2 winners with a place ion the next round booked.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution