Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s so unfortunate in narrow defeat to Heavitree Youth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s were unfortunate not to take anything from their latest Exeter and District Youth League outing, a narrow 2-1 defeat against Heavitree Youth.
The first half saw Warriors play extremely well with some slick attacking combined with some determined defending and organised midfield industry.
Warriors had Toby Neumegan playing in goal in a first half that saw no goals scored at either end of the pitch.
After the break the Heavies broke the deadlock, but that drew a terrific response from warriors and parity was quickly restored thanks to a fine goal by Mark Rogers.
Once level it was Warriors who looked the more likely to go on and net again. Thomas Mead and Jack Howe were both a whisker away from netting, but it was the Exeter side who banked all three points when they struck with a goal against the run of play.
You may also want to watch:
Warriors squad: Jack Howe, Thomas Mead, Harry Emmett, Toby Neumegan, Calvin Clifford, Mark Rogers, Lewis McManus, Zac Jabri, Josh Haige, Josh Miller, Finley Gardener, Tom Mac Andrews and Ben Harrison.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour