Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s up to fifth after muddy success at St Martins
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-12s enjoyed good form in the run up to Christmas with a brace of victories.
First up they entertained Culm Sampford (CS) Pumas and defeated the Mid Devon side 2-0.
The Warriors’ goals were scored by Stan Richardson and an excellent finish from Tim Goody.
The team followed that up with another excellent three points last Saturday, gained from a single goal success at St Martins.
The contest was played out on a pitch more suited to mud wrestling! However, the Warriors stuck to their task well and, despite conditions that made passing the ball very difficult, they won thanks to a first half strike from young Goody.
You may also want to watch:
A feature of this particular victory was the all-round team play and what seemed a determined mood throughout the side to ‘get the job done’!
The boys go into the Christmas break sitting in fifth place in Division 1.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book
Coach Justin Ashby said: “The boys have been playing well of late and it’s now a case of enjoy your mince pies and chocolates boys - you’ve earned them.”