Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s defeat Colyton Red Socks
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were 6-2 winners when they met Colyton Red Socks in an Exeter Youth League match.
Warriors were quickly into their stride and a double from Zak Jabri together with a goal from Thomas Mead put them in charge.
It was not all one-way however, and Josh Miller and Lewis McManus both showed an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time defensively.
After the break Mead completed his hat-trick - one of his goals being a corner he swerved straight into the net and the other was from a hard struck Jack Howe corner.
George Gelling also got onto the score sheer.
You may also want to watch:
Red Socks hit back with two late goals, but Warriors were not to be denied.
Harry Emmett deserves special mention for his shift organising the back line and he also put in some terrific tackles.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat