Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s entertain their followers with goals galore
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were in impressive style as they thumped Heavitree Youth 13-2 in an Exeter and District Youth League Division Two game.
The result came after a run of poor results – and some serious bad luck – but the team had always stuck to task and the management had always felt that sooner, rather than later, everything would go right – and how it did just that against the Heavies!
It was the Exeter side that opened the scoring, albeit against the run of play, but the Warriors were soon back on the ball moving it around the pitch crisply.
Samuel Rice equalised following a superbly delivered Connor Browne corner. The goal provided the spark for a sensational period of play with further goals coming Andres Blanco, Stanley Richardson, Jed Iononv-Flint plus a Joe Ashby brace.
Three of the goals were headers, finishing off some fantastic approach play and crosses into the area and Warriors went into half-time with a 6-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the Warriors dominance continued. Blanco secured a hat-trick with a wonderful left-foot strike, rivalled by Benedict Teague’s incredible long-range strike.
Connor Browne and Fabrizzio Martino completed the scoring with a well-deserved goal each.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal