Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s impress in win over Okehampton Argyle
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were only able to field a bare 11 for their Exeter and District Youth League meeting with Okehampton Argyle.
However, the fact they had such a small squad, added to the weather with snow falling during the game at a chilly Sidford, did not deter the youngsters from their task of securing three more points, something they did to the tune of a 3-1 score line.
Such was the snow fall at one early stage that thoughts were turning to the question of was there a yellow ball available as the white one was hard to pick up in the conditions!
After some end-toe-end action and chances at both ends it was Warriors who broke the deadlock midway through the first half when, following some neat and precise approach play, Stan Richardson applied the finish.
The Warriors’ second goal was borne from the tenacity of Benedict Teague who won the ball in midfield with a trademark tackle and then set off down the wing before delivering the sweetest of crossed to Connor Brown who headed it home to send Warriors into half-time with a 2-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Warriors continued to control proceedings and it was no more than they deserved when Joe Ashby rifled home the third goal.
Throughout an entertaining contest the visitors looked to score themselves, but they got little change out of the impressive Warriors back line until late on when their honest endeavours were rewarded with a late consolation.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
However, that was as good as it got for Okehampton as Warriors closed the game out to deservedly take all three points.