Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s into last four of cup after terrific win over Copplestone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warrior’s Under-13s powered their way into the semi-finals of the Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup with a 4-1 win over Copplestone.
Warriors played with confidence throughout and were soon into their stride, taking a fifth minute lead through Toby Neumegan.
The Mid Devon side tried to respond, but they got no change out of a well-organised Warriors outfit and, when they did find a way through, they discovered Rogers, in the Warriors goal, to be showing terrific form. The glovesman made several fine saves.
The lead was doubled when George Gelling won possession and his delightful through-ball allowed Jack Howe to rifle it home.
Richie Drewett climbed above everybody else to nod home a Thomas Mead corner to complete the first half scoring and send Warriors into the break 3-0 to the good.
You may also want to watch:
Copplestone scored first in the second half, but that was as good as it got for them for the three goal margin was swiftly restored when a Neumegan assist was finished off by Jac Zabri to round things off.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend