Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s net 10 in Seaton success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s produced some superb passing football as they continued their impressive run at ‘Fortress Sidford’, beating Seaton Town 10-1 in an Exeter and District Youth League match.
The tone was set for a powerful show by a high tempo start from Warriors that saw them score three times inside the opening 15 minutes.
The visitors had no answer to the pace, power and movement of the Warriors players who also showed clinical finishing.
Seaton did reduce the arrears with a first-half goal of their own, but Warriors restored the three-goal advantage to lead 4-1 at the interval.
During the break the Warriors coaching staff would probably have been wondering if they had just seen the best their side could serve up? It wasn’t! In the second half they found an even higher gear and scored six unanswered goals.
You may also want to watch:
With the defensive giants that are Corey Mutter and Alex Bennett, making sure there were no further Seaton scores, the midfield and attack took charge.
Striker Stanley Richardson collected the match ball (swiftly taken back by the coach), with an individual tally of four goals.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Ashton Beck and Connor Brown added a brace each – the Beck double coming within five minutes of each other and the other Warriors scorers were Benedict Teague and Joe Ashby also finding the net.
The passing on Saturday was exceptional and the result was just rewards for the hard work put into training week in, week out. Well done, lads!
Warriors: Alfie Hall, Joe Ashby, Christian Teague, Benedict Teague, Corey Mutter, Alex Bennett, Tim Goody, Stanley Richardson, Ella Maguire, Connor Brown, Samuel Rice, Ashton Beck, Thomas Rowan, Jed Ionov-Flint.