Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s power to big win at Cranbrook
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were in clinical goal scoring mood as they won their latest Exeter and District Youth League match 10-2 at hosts Cranford.
Coach Justin Ashby was delighted with what he saw from the young Vikings.
He said: “Every coach will tell you there are good days and bad days, but it’s mornings like Saturday at Cranbrook that remind you how much fun junior football is! The team were a joy to watch as they took apart their East Devon neighbours with some scintillating attacking football and quality finishing.”
Six different players put themselves on the score sheet with Connor Brown, Tim Goody, Stan Richardson and Joe Ashby providing a brace each. Ashton Beck and Benedict Teague rounded off the scoring.
Playing in the central defensive midfielder role, Samuel Rice and Jed Ionov-Flint controlled everything thus allowing the wide players to run riot.
You may also want to watch:
Corey Mutter and Alex Bennett marshalled the defence brilliantly, ably assisted by Thomas Rowan and Ella Maguire. As a result of the Warriors dominance, glovesman Christian Teague was rarely troubled, but is growing into the role with each game, whilst new signing Alfie Hall continues to show great progress.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients