Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s power to victory at Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s powered to a 14-0 victory when they met Crediton in an Exeter and District Youth League Division Two game.
The Warriors have been in fine form this season and the glows certainly went flying in in their latest outing!
The goal scoring honours went to Connor Brown and Joe Ashby whop shared eight of them.
However, the stand-out individual performance came from Thomas Rowan.
Playing at right back, young Rowan was strong in the tackle and swift in linking defence to attack. Nothing got past him down his flank in terms of the Crediton attacking moves and, at the other end of the pitch, he supported the strikers well and even bagged a brace of goals for himself.
You may also want to watch:
Another to not put a foot wrong all game was Jed Ionov Flint who was his usual self, a model of composure in ‘defensive mid’, always finding a team mate with his accurate passing.
Ella Maguire and Ashton Beck controlled the left channel whilst much of the forward play was orchestrated by Samuel Rice who ended the match having been responsible for numerous ‘assists’.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Benedict Teague, Ashton Beck and Alfie Hall completed the scoring.
Full credit must also be afforded to Crediton who, after a difficult week at the club, never gave up and played with great enthusiasm.