Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s beaten at Cullompton Rangers
Cullompton Rangers 5, Sidmouth Warriors 1 Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s went down to a defeat, but the final score did not do justice to the Warriors contribution to the contest.
Warriors could not have made a worse start as they fell behind in the third minute!
However, they slowly fought their way back into the match Harris setting up some good chances for Gosse who was denied twice by superb saves from
That was as good as it got in the first half for the Warriors and some excellent football from Cullompton saw them score another two goals before the break.
After some strong words at half-time the second half saw the Warriors play some attractive passing football. With Woodruff and Littly excellent at the back and Lowe winning the midfield battles it enabled Sidmouth to string some lovely passing moves together. From an in-swinging Lowe corner the ball came back off the post and fell to Silk who slammed it home.
You may also want to watch:
This gave the impetus to the Warriors and some fantastic hold up play by Gosse, who then turned and set up Mead, missing the net by a fraction. Two breakaway goals from the hosts saw the game slip away from the Warriors. The most encouraging thing was Sidmouth never gave up and, for the last 10 minutes, they created chance after chance. Wilkes, making his debut settled in well in midfield and was unlucky not to score. Gosse, Silk and Lowe all went close before the final whistle blew.
The final score wasn’t a true reflection of the game but to do well in this league the Warriors will need to be more clinical in front of goal. A much better second half should give them confidence in their next league match.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
Team; Ollie Perez, Kade Hayman, Matt Jones, Tom Woodruff, Ricky Littly, Joe Lowe, George Harris, Cameron Phillips, Jack Silk, Ethan Mead, Ben Gosse, Toby De Gruchy, Joe Buckland, Callum Wilkes and Eliot Perez.