Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s lift Plate trophy at Tiverton Town
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors lifted the Exeter and District Youth League Plate trophy after a thrilling 3-2 success over Heavitree.
The match, played at the Mid Devon home of Tiverton Town saw Warriors make a stunning start, bossing the contest from the opening whistle.
Jack Howe opened the scoring with a terrific individual effort, ultimately slotting the ball beyond the keeper from an acute angle.
Thomas Mead rifled home a free-kick to double the lead and it was 3-0 when George Gelling latched onto a through-ball, before lifting it up and over the out-rushing Heavies goalkeeper.
The Exeter side hit back just before the break, but Warriors were fully deserving of their half-time 3-1 advantage.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half it was Heavitree who began to dominate, but they could only muster one further goal as the Warriors back line closed the game out well for them to deservedly lift the trophy before a large crowd of travelling support.
Warriors: Harry Emmet, Josh Miller, Josh Haigh, Jack Howe, Thomas Mead, Toby Neumegan, Richie Drewett, Calvin Clifford, Lewis McManus, Donnie Spiteri, Zac Jabri, Tom MacAndrews, Cameron Ward, Tim Doulton, George Gelling, Mark Rogers (goalkeeper) and Issac Pollard.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
One final word on a terrific season for the Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s is a loud, and resounding, thank-you to Malden House for sponsoring the kit of the 2017 Exeter and District Under-14 Plate winners.