Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s power on in League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s powered through their Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup meeting with Broadclyst, winning the tie 6-0 thanks to what was a superb all-round show.
Warriors made a bright start and a super run from Thomas Mead ended with him rifling the ball home to open the scoring.
A slick left foot finish from Jack Howes doubled the lead and left Warriors 2-0 to the good at half-time.
Broadclyst made a good start to the second half and mounted a number of attacks, but each were thwarted by some solid defending from Lewis McManus and Josh Miller that meant goalkeeper Tom Macandrews was not kept too busy.
At the other end of the pitch a brace from George Gelling put Warriors in total charge and they added two more through a Donnie Spiteri penalty and one from Tom Doulton.
You may also want to watch:
Warriors were excellent value for the win which sees them into the last four of this years League Cup competition.
Warriors: Jack Howe, Thomas Mead, Harry Emmett, Toby Neumegan, Cameron Ward, Calvin Clifford, Josh Miller, Josh Haigh, Donnie Spiteri, Lewis McManus, George Gelling, Issac Pollard, Tom Macandrews, Richie Drewett.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford