Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s win well
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s were 3-0 winners when they took on Cullompton in an Exeter and District Youth League match.
The first half did not produce a score, but it was not short on goal mouth action with Warriors striking the frame of the goal and going close on a couple of occasions,
put up a strong side against Cullompton, winning 3-0.
A powerful Cully side came back strongly in the second half, but were kept at arms length thanks to some terrific defending, particularly by Lewis McManus who did very well to negate the threat of the Cullompton top striker.
The deadlock was finally broken when George Gelling shook off a couple of challenges before drilling the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was doubled when Thomas Mead rifled a free-kick into the top corner of the net and Jack Howe completed the scoring, heading home a cross from Tim Doulton.
Mark Rogers fully deserved his latest clean sheet in the Warriors’ goal.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Warriors: mark Rogers, Jack Howe, Harry Emmet, George Gelling, Calvin Clifford, Josh Haigh, Lewis McManus, Tim Doulton, Issac Pollard, Toby Neumegan, Tom MacAndrews.