Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s bounce back at Dawlish
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s endured mixed fortunes in matches against Dawlish opposition.
First up against hosts Dawlish United, Warriors got off to a great start when Stepan Hovora sent Lucas O’Connor away and he made progress deep into the opposition half before tucking the ball to Ethan Isaac who rifled the ball home!
Warriors then seemed to fall into the trap over feeling over confident and a lapse in concentration in defence gifted the home side two quick-fire goals. It might have got worse for the Warriors, but the quick-thinking of stand-in glovesman Oscar Finch, who made an outstanding save – kept his side in the contest. However, a second goal was not forthcoming and Warriors, with Will Lawrence having a fine game, slipped to a narrow 2-1 defeat.
Next up Warriors took on Dawlish Swans and they were quickly into their stride, seemingly intent on quickly banishing any thoughts of the earlier defeat!
Such was the Warriors dominance of proceedings that goalkeeper Jamie White had just a single save to make throughout the match!
You may also want to watch:
The first half was without a goal, though Alistair Mounoury was denied by an upright.
After the break Lucas O’Connor’s quick-thinking saw him lose his marker to fire the ball home and the Mounoury doubled the lead. Two became three when, in some fine build up play, Oscar Finch found young O’Connor and he drilled the ball home from a tight angle.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Ethan Isaac almost made it four, but he was denied by a great save before Lucas Vickery tapped home with seconds to spare. Across the two games Alistair Mounoury was named Warriors Man of the Match.